The Sales Playbook is composed of Events displayed in the Event List, in Gantt and in Kanban.
- ClosePlan Sales Playbooks enables sales process alignment at scale.
- Playbooks make it easy for you and your team to execute your sales strategy by guiding you through a best practices sequence of events based on your sales methodology.
- Help best practices permeate throughout the sales organization.
- Create custom Sales Playbooks for different business lines like Renewals, Global & Commercial Sales, Consulting Services and more.
- Introduce repeatable processes and consistency to help reduce end of quarter surprises and increase win rates.
- ClosePlan Sales Playbooks support any sales methodology.
- Optimize the Opportunity-to-Close process.
You can access Playbook in different ways based on your configuration. See the general accessibility description here.
Note: A ClosePlan must be created in order to see the Playbook. If you have not created a ClosePlan, follow our description here.
Events are the key components of a ClosePlan and represent the tasks required to complete a deal in your organization.
Events are displayed in the Event List, in the Gantt view and in the Kanban view.
Events can be set with or without Stage progression, Dependencies and/or Checklist items.
Stage and Event Behavior
If event stages are set with auto-progression, they will affect event behavior and the subsequent closure of each stage.
Stage Closure: there are 3 conditions that can affect the closing of an event:
Block if event is required: Events can be set as required, and will block users from moving to the next stage until the event is completed.
Auto-Complete open Event: Events are created without being Required. You can move to the next stage even if there is an open event.
Block if event is required, otherwise Auto-Complete Event: This is a combination of both possibilities. If there is a required event, you will be blocked from moving to the next stage, otherwise you can move to the next stage even if there is an open event that is not required.
Event Closure: there are 2 conditions that can affect the closing of an event
- Required Dependency - A Required Dependency is marked in orange, and allows you to close the main Event only after closing the subordinate event on which it is dependent.
- Not Required Dependency - A Not Required Dependency is marked in grey color and allows you to close the main Event even if the subordinate event on which it is dependent remains open.
2. Checklist item - Lists the tasks of team members.
- Required - Required items are marked with a red line next to the checkbox and will block the closing of the Event if the task is open.
- Not Required - Items that are Not Required do not have to be completed before closing the Event.
- Open a required Event Dependency with check list items. You need to close the required check list items and then the dependent event if you want to close the Event
Adding a New Event
Creating a new event does not permit you to set a Dependency on another Event, and you cannot mark new tasks in the checklist as mandatory.
Note: These options are only possible when creating a new template for a given ClosePlan from the ClosePlan admin section.
New Events can be created from:
- Event list: Click the + Event button.
- Gantt: Click the button.
Note: If there are stages set, click by the stage where the new Event is needed.
- Kanban: Click the + Event button.
Event Panel Window
When creating a new Event, the Detail section of the event allows you to add Checklist items and attach Files for that Event.
After the Event is created, editing or viewing the Event allows you to add Notes and Chatter.
The event panel window can be displayed in 2 ways: You can view all data stacked on one page, or in individual tabs.
- To change the event display open any event by clicking on the event name > click the right top button
- Type - Assign the type of event. Types options are set through your organization in the event types settings.
- Event Name - Name of the event.
- Assigned To - Assign an individual responsible for the event. Suggested users will appear if related to the selected Event Type.
- ClosePlan - The ClosePlan is already selected.
- Start Date - Click on to add the start date of the Event.
- Due Date - Click on to add the end date of the Event.
- Stage - Enable to assign the event to the chosen stage.
- Status - Indicates the present status of the event.
- Event Description - Description of the event.
- Event Goal - Goals of the event.
The Checklist is used to add tasks for team members. It shows % complete in the progress bar and in the Gantt event bar.
- Click button > add the task > save or cancel
- The created task can be edited or deleted
- Created tasks can be also reordered
- Drag the task and move to another task to change the position
- Once the task is done, mark the checkbox as complete and it will be shown in the event progress bar. (The checkbox is possible to mark by editing or viewing the event)
Allows you to add specific links and/or files to an individual event.
- Add a link with a valid URL address and Title > Save
- Link will open if you click on the Link Title or icon
- Click add one or more Filesto
- Files can be downloaded by clicking the icon. The button will create a link to send and share the file with others.
Notes enables you to add notes to the event.
- Open an Event > go to the Notes section
- Click + Note button > add your note > Save
Chatter enables you to create a post related to the event that allows for feedback.
If there is not Chatter tab, the Chatter is set as disable.
- Open an Event > go to the Chatter section
- Write your post > click Post
Event List shows a list of events created by your organization and also newly created events.
With stage progression turned on, Event List displays events for the Current Stage. You can also switch to All Stage view mode.
Current stage display: All stages display:
- Click to create a new event
- - Shows all events from all stages
- - Shows events only for the current stage
- - Switch to Gantt chart view
- - Switch to Kanban list view
- Clear Filters, Toggle Fullscreen and Export the Event list into XLS format - Open to - Refreshes the page
- Apply Filters and Refresh Data, Apply Filters and Clear Filters - Enables you to - Edit the Event - Delete the Event
- REQ. - shows if the event is required before you are permitted to move to the next stage
- Status - shows the actual status of the event. Click on the button to change the Event Status
- The Event has been not started yet - Nobody is working on it - The Event is in progress - The Event has been completed - The Event has been terminated. Displays when the Event is terminated and nobody was working on it.
The Gantt chart illustrates the Events in a Grid and Bar area.
If auto stage progression is set, events are sorted by the stage to which they are assigned. (These settings are made when creating a template for a given ClosePlan)
New events can be added directly to the stage.
Gantt displays event dependencies.
If the event has set checklists, the event shows the percentage of their fulfillment.
- - Toggles visibility of the Sidebar - Switches Events view between days, months, year or fit events to the visible Gantt area. - Scroll the Gantt area left and right or to today's date. - Toggles visibility of critical path - Export data as Excel, PDF, Image or MS Project
- - Returns back to the Event List or Kanban
The Sidebar area allows you to:
- Add a new Event: Click and add information to the new event panel window.
- View and edit the event: Click on the event you would like to see or edit.
- Hide events - click by the stage to hide events belong to the stage.
- Hover over the event to show the Event information.
- Click 1x on the event to highlight Event location on the Gantt chart.
Contains Events in the timeline and in stages. Also
- Shows event dependency and checklist items progress
- Events can be moved and resized
- Drag the Event Bar to the right or left. Doing so will alter the assigned start and/or finish dates
- Resize to alter the duration of the Event by moving the edges of the bar. These actions will change the Event duration and start and/or end dates.
- Hover over the Event to show basic event information.
- Periods (Q2) are set by your organization and mark important dates.
- Close marks the close date of the Opportunity
Divides the Events according to current Status.
Drag and drop individual Events to different Status settings.
Click on the desired Event to open the event details. You can add Notes and Chatter posts for the Event, edit or delete the Event, and change the Status.
- Click to create a new Event - Displays all events across entire ClosePlan
- - Displays Events assigned to the current stage
- - Switch to Gantt chart - Switch to Event List - Click on an individual Event node to open the Event information.